Saturday, January 27, 2007

T minus 13 days and counting!


Today I watched the show that Steve Irwin died while filming, called "Ocean's Deadliest." Apparently all of the things that are most likely to kill you can be found in the oceans of Australia. The deadliest is the box jellyfish (right), which you may remember are what Dory and Marlin encountered in Finding Nemo. Luckily, they're only found on the Northern coast, which I will not be anywhere near. As for the other animals... I will just pretend that I have not watched said program, as I intend to swim, snorkel, and surf my way through the semester.

I have made some progress in the way of Australia preparations. I got my international cell phone, set up my bank account, bought some hiking shoes (ha!), and got adapters so I will not fry my beloved mac. I've also read some Australian guidebooks, which made me realize that there is way too much I want to see for me to possibly do. But I shall certainly try!

In the way of packing (which my mom keeps bugging me to do), I have not made any progress. Maybe I will start this weekend... maybe...

I've also heard back from two internships I applied for, so maybe there is hope for an internship even with my super-shortened summer break this year. Yay!

1 comment:

Meg said...

woo for internships! I don't know how you still have two weeks left, I'm dying and I'm down to only a few. I have too much time to think, it's driving me crazy, and it doesn't help that everyone is at school and busy etc. Also, though it is good to lay your stuff out, I think my downfall was starting to pack A WEEK in advance. It just adds to the anxiety. te echo de menos mucho, chica, y te amo.