Friday, February 2, 2007

It's all about the.... Queen Elizabeths?


Please forgive my hip-hop reference. I got Australian currency today through the AAA, and I scanned it so that you can all see how pretty it is. As you can see, Queen Elizabeth is on the $5 bill (due to the whole British empire relationship). Besides being pretty, the bills are different than ours because 1.) they feel like wax paper 2.) they are different sized depending on the denomination 3.) they have cool little transparent windows in one corner 4.) the lowest denomination is $5 (there are $1 and $2 coins).

So there's your lesson on Aussie dollars (AU$). I'm not sure what the exact exchange rate is, but I gave the AAA $100 US dollars, and they gave me $120 Aussie dollars. Sweet.

Today marks the official holy-crap-I-have-one-week-before-I-leave day. I still think it hasn't sunk in yet. Living in a different country for 5 months is still very much an abstract concept for me. Crazy.

In happy news, I interviewed today for an internship and I actually got it! It's at Center City Film and Video, located in Center City (go figure) Philadelphia. So for the 5 weeks or so that I'll be home this summer, I'll be able to go there and be a TV nerd 5 days a week. Awesome. :-D

1 comment:

Meg said...

That´s great about the internship! Congrats! If I don´t get to talk to youbefore you go, have a great trip out there! It will be a great time, trust me, if I can do it, anyone can! Miss you!