Thursday, April 19, 2007

Farewell to Hobart!

Today is my last day in Hobart. It was awesome here, but I am ready to leave and explore some more.

Hobart is a small city, with less than 200,000 people. This size is both good and bad from my point of view. It was great to be able to walk the whole city and to feel safe walking anywhere. But I like the action and excitement of a city environment more, so I’d definitely prefer to live in Perth.

However, if I had to pick a place to vacation, here would definitely be it. I have seen things here in Tasmania that I have never seen in my life in terms of natural beauty. There have been so many sights here that actually take my breath away. Not to mention, the air is so clean here. In Tasmania I have done some things that I’ve never done before, including actually hiking and flying in a small plane. I am really glad that I got to come here, because I think that Tasmania is a place that a lot of people overlook when they come to Australia. If you ever get the chance to come here, you have to come to Tasmania.

Tomorrow we leave Hobart to go on Spring Break. I am going to New Zealand’s South Island with Mary and Brittany, two girls from IC. This marks the halfway point of our semester here in Australia. When I get back from the trip on Sunday the 29th, I will have 9 weeks left of my semester. I’ll spend most of that time in Melbourne, but I’ll be taking pictures in the outback for 2 weeks of that time and hopefully I’ll get a weekend at the Great Barrier Reef.

That’s all for now, expect approximately 85 billion posts about my week in New Zealand when I come back!

No comments: