Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Wow. Australia. How long is that flight?


That comment is generally the first thing people ask me when they hear about my trip. So, I thought I'd explore this issue in depth since so many people seem to be curious. Here's how I will get to the land down under. (Please enjoy my illustration)

1.) My parents will drive me and Brittany (fellow TV-R Walkabout-er) to the Philadelphia Airport. (45 minutes- 1 hour)

2.) Pink flight (Philly to L.A.): Leave 8:40 a.m. on Thursday, arrive L.A. at 12 noon. (6 hours)

3.) Ridiculous layover (10.5 hours)

4.) Orange flight L.A. to Sydney): Leave 10:30 p.m. Thursday, arrive Sydney 8 a.m. Saturday (we lose a day to the International Date Line).

5.) Short layover (2 hours, 15 minutes)

6.) Red flight (Sydney to Perth): Leave 10:15 a.m. Saturday, arrive Perth 1:15 p.m. (4 hours)

7.) Bus to our apartments in Perth. The end!

For those of you keeping score, that's 25 hours in the air and in the ballpark of 40 hours from the minute I leave to the minute I will finally be there.

In other depressing news, I said good bye to Dan today. I'm not gonna lie, it was really hard. But, I know we'll both be okay, as we're no strangers to being apart for long amounts of time. As the Aussies say, "No worries." <3

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seeing these kind of posts reminds me of just how technology truly is undeniably integral to our lives in this day and age, and I am 99% certain that we have passed the point of no return in our relationship with technology.


I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Ethical concerns aside... I just hope that as memory gets less expensive, the possibility of transferring our brains onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's a fantasy that I daydream about every once in a while.


(Posted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://will-the-r4-r4i-work.wetpaint.com/]nintendo dsi r4i[/url] DS NePof)