Wednesday, February 14, 2007

The Zoo!!!





Well today began on a sour note, as I rolled my ankle while stepping off a curb, but the rest of the day more than made up for my minor injury. How, you might ask? I think the picture to the right is worth a thousand words.

11 other Walkabout-ers and I took a ferry across the Swan River to the other side of Perth, where we visited the Perth Zoo. It was tons of fun! We saw lots of monkeys, orangutans, birds, snakes, elephants, zebras, giraffes, penguins (see above) and koalas (see above). However, the highlight of the trip (and possibly my year so far) were the kangaroos.

The roos were in an area of the zoo where they were not fenced in. So, they could come up to you, punch you, eat you, whatever. Despite temptation, we heeded the signs that said to stay on the path. Well at least until we went to another section of the Aussie animal part and there happened to be a random kangaroo that wasn’t supposed to be there. So, we took advantage of this development and posed with all of the kangaroos. Eric even took a picture with his face right next to a roo, and it totally didn’t care at all. It was freaking awesome! My Aussie experience is complete… I think I can go home now ;-)

1 comment:

Tom Elrod said...

Ashley-

Do remember to bring a kangaroo back home. I believe such an addition to the TV studio is needed.

Hope the weather is wonderful down there. Here in England is overcast pretty much every day, and drizzly pretty much every other day.

Cheers,
Tom