Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Goodbye to Melbourne

***Disclaimer: I have been writing these blog entries in my journal during the last couple of weeks and just now am getting to post them. I don't have enough time to put the corresponding pictures, so I'm just posting text for now. I plan to update them fully when I get home.***

On Sunday we left Melbourne, which was pretty sad. Not that I really had any regrets about leaving the city. Melbourne is a great city, and bills itself as the “world’s most livable city.” Unfortunately though, living 45 minutes outside of the downtown didn’t allow me to engage in the city very much. I feel like Melbourne could have been cool, but I really don’t have any emotional connection to the place as I did in Perth and Hobart.

But what was really sad was saying goodbye to the 15 of our group who didn’t continue on to the photography class. Since we were all busy checking out of the hotel, it wasn’t too melodramatic, but I did shed a tear or two. I’ve talked a lot about the places I’ve been and the Walkabout group was made up of people from all walks of life. From football players to Harry Potter nerds, from Manhattan-ites to upstate New York farm boys, from television majors to bio-chem majors: we had it all in our group. I met and befriended people that I never would have met otherwise, and I am so much better for it. I really will miss everyone. I love you guys!

No comments: