Thursday, July 5, 2007

I hate test strips!: Photo Class Day 9

On Tuesday we started making our actual prints. First, we made contact sheets, which is a print of every picture in small form. Then I looked through all of them to find the best ones. From there, I had to find which ones would work with a theme. With help from one of the teachers, I decided on the theme of “light” and picked my four pictures.

The first print was a piece of cake. It came out no problem and I was done that one in under a half an hour. Then I moved onto my next print, which I had to abandon due to dust/scratches on my negative. So, I picked another picture. Of course there turned out to be a problem with that negative also. So I went with plan C. Luckily that negative was okay. I printed that one on four different settings and had to make the difficult decision of which I liked best. I made my decision and finished the end of a very long day with two of my four prints being done. It was definitely a frustrating process.

No comments: