Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Hiking in the Outback: Photo Class Day 5











On Friday we went on an all-day photographic hike near Homestead Creek in the Mutawintji National Park. The walk started along a creek bed, where we found some fantastic red sand waves. Again we were surrounded by lots of red rocks that made really cool shapes. It was really unusual because there was a lot of green vegetation (there must have been rains usually).

We climbed up the side of the gorge and were rewarded with a fantastic view over the park. Then we sat for a nice picnic lunch. After lunch I began to feel really exhausted (I blame it on the cold I’m battling rather than my physical fitness). So I’m not sure how my post-lunch pictures will turn out because I was more focused on the hike instead of the surroundings. The last hour or so was particularly dicey as the “path” was wandering over random boulders. We all made it out alive and enjoyed our nice, hot showers.

No comments: