Saturday, July 7, 2007

A very classy evening: Photo Class Day 12



















On Friday night we had the opening gala for our photo exhibition. There was a good amount of people there. Between our class, our teachers and their families, local dignitaries, and a few random passersby, there was about 50 people there for the opening. We all felt out of place at such a classy event, since there was wine served and we were in an art gallery. Kind of funny because we were the artists.

The pictures all looked great together, and we were all really proud of our pictures. Two kids even sold their prints. Our pictures are in the gallery for another two weeks, so I’m holding out hope that one of mine sells.

After the opening, we went to the Mildura Brewery, which (as it sounds) brews its own beer. I hate the taste of beer, but I thought I’d try to expand my palette a bit. So, I ordered a sampler platter, which had 6 of their beers in about shot size glasses. Two of them were actually pretty good, two of them were terrible, and two were alright. After the brewery, I called it a night.

The night was a great culmination of our photography experience. It was an amazing two weeks. It was challenging but rewarding and fun at the same time to take pictures all day for several days in a row. Dark room developing tested my patience, but it’s a skill I’m glad I have now. The class was definitely a great way to end my Australia experience.

No comments: