Thursday, July 5, 2007

The weirdest 4th of July ever: Photo Class Day 10







Wednesday was a very long and productive day. I decided on my 2 final prints after some deliberation, and printed them. Finally my black and white series was complete. They are the above four pictures, who share the common theme of "light." Then I had to experience the really difficult process of narrowing down the 700 color digital pictures I took to two final prints. I chose one of a tree silhouetted against a sunset and another is of a glowing red/orange earth (above). It was a hard choice, but I’m happy with the two I picked. Tomorrow we will mat, frame, and hang our pictures in the gallery.

After class, I really wanted to do something to celebrate the 4th of July. I was really bummed to not be in the US because it is one of my favorite holidays. Why?

1.) I love fireworks
2.) I love hamburgers/hotdogs
3.) I love picnics/barbeques
4.) I love America

So I wanted to have a barbeque at our hostel, but everyone wimped out because it was raining. I had to settle for a McDonalds hamburger (yuck). It was the most American thing I could think of. And fireworks? I had to settle for one lousy sparkler. I was seriously disappointed in my 4th of July this year.

No comments: